Welcome to the Columbia R/C website.
We are an AMA sanctioned flying site, Club # 1366, District VI. We have been operating as a model airplane flying club since about 1972. So we’ll just call it forty five plus years.
We are located a little south of Columbia, Illinois along the scenic bluffs of the Mississippi River. Coming from the north or from the east from Missouri on Hwy 255, take the exit “Columbia IL 3 South.” Immediately take the Quarry Rd Palmer Rd exit to the right. At the bottom of the exit at the stop sign take another right. Follow around past the Shell station with the red roof to the next stop sign and go straight. From there go two miles and our field is on the right side. Just look for the pavilion.
Weather Conditions – just 1.96 miles from the field, courtesy of Cameron! Click here.
Quick Updates and Upcoming Events
• Annual Spring Swap Meet – Sunday, April 19th – CANCELLED
Columbia RC has decided to cancel the Spring Swap Meet due to the large crowds that usually attend. We cannot put our members, vendors and friends of the club at risk of contracting or spreading the Corona Virus. At this time it is impossible to see how long the threat is going to last so we cannot provide a date for rescheduling. Hopefully we’ll be able to have our Annual Fall Swap Meet in November and hope to see everyone then.
• It’s time to renew your club membership. Get your renewal done by the end of February or you will be charged the extra $10 initiation fee for all new club members. Make sure you have your current AMA membership and take care of payment via PayPal from our site. Easy, just click here for PayPal payment to Cameron.
Columbia RC would like to hear from you. Contact us for any questions regarding membership, upcoming events, field details and any information you or your club would like to share with ours.
• Jeff Dixon – Club President – Email Jeff
• Mark Dehn – Club Vice President – Email Mark
• Cameron C. Cook – Club Treasurer – Email Cameron
• Willi Sobozinsky – Club Secretary – Email Willi
• Ken Dixon – Safety Officer – Email Ken
• Steve O’Rourke – Webmaster – Email Steve