Welcome to the Columbia R/C website.
We are an AMA sanctioned flying site, Club # 1366, District VI. We have been operating as a model airplane flying club since about 1972. So we’ll just call it forty five plus years.
We are located a little south of Columbia, Illinois along the scenic bluffs of the Mississippi River. Coming from the north or from the east from Missouri on Hwy 255, take the exit “Columbia IL 3 South.” Immediately take the Quarry Rd Palmer Rd exit to the right. At the bottom of the exit at the stop sign take another right. Follow around past the Shell station with the red roof to the next stop sign and go straight. From there go two miles and our field is on the right side. Just look for the pavilion.
Weather Conditions – just 1.96 miles from the field, courtesy of Cameron! Click here.
It’s 2019 and if you haven’t renewed your club membership, it’s time! Be ready when we get some good flying days. They do happen during the winter you know. Make sure you have your current AMA membership and take care of payment via PayPal from our site. Easy, just click here for PayPal payment to Cameron.
• March 31st is the date for our Spring Swap Meet.
Mark your RC calendar for another Swap Meet hosted by our club. We have one every Spring and Fall. It is one of the largest in the St. Louis area and always features a collection of new and used gear from local pilots and vendors. Same time, same place – Turner Hall in downtown Columbia, IL. More info and a map can be found by clicking here.
• New Years day Fun Fly.
It was chilly, cloudy and a little windy. But that didn’t keep Mark Schuler (1st flight of 2019) and Mike Muzzy (1st flight with glow) from flying. We had a good turnout and kept warm by the fire.
• Columbia RC is not accepting new members until further notice. There was a page and an application on our site here, it has been removed. It will return when it has been decided by the club to begin accepting again.
Columbia RC would like to hear from you. Contact us for any questions regarding membership, upcoming events, field details and any information you or your club would like to share with ours.
• Jeff Dixon – Club President – Email Jeff
• Mark Dehn – Club Vice President – Email Mark
• Cameron C. Cook – Club Treasurer – Email Cameron
• Willi Sobozinsky – Club Secretary – Email Willi
• Ken Dixon – Safety Officer – Email Ken
• Steve O’Rourke – Webmaster – Email Steve