Welcome to the Columbia R/C website.
We are an AMA sanctioned flying site, Club # 1366, District VI. We have been operating as a model airplane flying club since about 1972. So we’ll just call it forty five plus years.
We are located a little south of Columbia, Illinois along the scenic bluffs of the Mississippi River. Coming from the north or from the east from Missouri on Hwy 255, take the exit “Columbia IL 3 South.” Immediately take the Quarry Rd Palmer Rd exit to the right. At the bottom of the exit at the stop sign take another right. Follow around past the Shell station with the red roof to the next stop sign and go straight. From there go two miles and our field is on the right side. Just look for the pavilion.
Weather Conditions – just 1.96 miles from the field, courtesy of Cameron! Click here.
Quick Updates and Upcoming Events
• The Annual Fall BBQ is Sunday, September 8th.
This event is for Columbia RC members and their families. Craig Overy has volunteered to do the grilling and will purchase the meat and buns. He also put together a list of things that we need to have at the field the morning of the event. Attendees are also encouraged to bring a side dish that goes well with brats and burgers. We ran the generator last year so we had power under the pavilion. Grilling starts at 8 am.
• The Annual Chili Cookout and Funfly is Sunday, October 27th.
How often do you get to enjoy chili prepared in a huge iron kettle cooked over an open fire? Mark Dehn has been doing this every fall for years and it’s a club event that’s not to be missed. Get there as early as you want, Mark usually is setting up before daybreak. Bring a plane and your personally preferred hot sauce!
• The Annual Fall Swap Meet is Sunday, November 3rd.
This event is huge for the club and we pull it off every year with great success due to the turnout of members who work together and have everything ready to go when the doors open for vendors and buyers. We have to work hard this year to get the word out early. There are fewer RC shoppers and more events we compete for it seems every year. More details to come.
• If you haven’t renewed your club membership, you are way overdue and will be charged as a beginning member. Make sure you have your current AMA membership and take care of payment via PayPal from our site. Easy, just click here for PayPal payment to Cameron.
Columbia RC would like to hear from you. Contact us for any questions regarding membership, upcoming events, field details and any information you or your club would like to share with ours.
• Jeff Dixon – Club President – Email Jeff
• Mark Dehn – Club Vice President – Email Mark
• Cameron C. Cook – Club Treasurer – Email Cameron
• Willi Sobozinsky – Club Secretary – Email Willi
• Ken Dixon – Safety Officer – Email Ken
• Steve O’Rourke – Webmaster – Email Steve