Welcome to the Columbia R/C website. We have been operating as a model airplane flying club since about 1972. So we’ll just call it forty plus years.
We are located in Columbia, Illinois along the scenic bluffs of the Mississippi River. If you are coming from Missouri, drive 4.2 miles east on 255 from Telegraph Rd. crossing the JB bridge, and take the first exit to the right “Columbia Illinois 3 South.” Immediately take the Quarry Rd Palmer Rd exit to the right. At the bottom of the exit at the stop sign take another right. Follow around past the Shell station with the red roof to the next stop sign and go straight. From there go two miles and our field is on the right side. Just look for the pavilion.
Weather Conditions – just 1.96 miles from the field, courtesy of Cameron! Click here.
• Spring Swap Meet – Our annual spring swap meet is scheduled for Sunday, April 22nd, same time, same place. That’s Turner Hall in downtown Columbia, Illinois. There’s always a large selection of new and used RC stuff brought in by flyers and vendors from all over the area. You don’t want to miss it. More details will be posted when available.
• The club pavilion got a new roof –
A HUGE club thank you goes out to Mark Dehn and his son Rob for installing a new metal roof on the pavilion May 16th. It replaced the original that had been around for about 20 years, so it was due.
• Columbia RC welcomes all new members. Our club takes pride in the variety of people we have as members and the wide collection of talent we all represent. We get together and fly radio control aircraft and share our knowledge and experience with other members who have our common goals. Most of all we don’t take ourselves too seriously and our main goal is to be safe and always have fun. Click here for Information about joining the club and becoming a member. If you are renewing your membership after your first year there’s a PayPal link on that page as well, cool huh?
Columbia RC would like to hear from you. Contact us for any questions regarding membership, upcoming events, field details and any information you or your club would like to share with ours.
• Jeff Dixon – Club President – Email Jeff
• Mark Dehn – Club Vice President – Email Mark
• Cameron C. Cook – Club Treasurer – Email Cameron
• (Position is open) – Club Secretary
• Ken Dixon – Safety Officer – Email Ken
• Steve O’Rourke – Webmaster – Email Steve