Welcome to the Columbia R/C website. We have been operating as a model airplane flying club since about 1972. So we’ll just call it forty five plus years.
We are located in Columbia, Illinois along the scenic bluffs of the Mississippi River. If you are coming from Missouri, drive 4.2 miles east on 255 from Telegraph Rd. crossing the JB bridge, and take the first exit to the right “Columbia Illinois 3 South.” Immediately take the Quarry Rd Palmer Rd exit to the right. At the bottom of the exit at the stop sign take another right. Follow around past the Shell station with the red roof to the next stop sign and go straight. From there go two miles and our field is on the right side. Just look for the pavilion.
Weather Conditions – just 1.96 miles from the field, courtesy of Cameron! Click here.
It’s the end of summer and Columbia RC still has a few things on the “to-do” list. The corn and the beans have been taken down but there should still be many good flying days left.
• Sunday, October 28th is the Annual Chili Cookout.
Club member Mark Dehn has been doing this for a number of years now and it’s one of the best events the club has all year long. Bring an appetite for some chili cooked in a big iron kettle over an open wood fire and you won’t be disappointed. Oh yeah, bring a plane too. Let’s hope for some good weather.
• Sunday, November 4th is our annual Fall Swap Meet.
Plan ahead and we hope you can attend. It will be held at the same time and the same place that we’ve been doing for many years. Come to buy or to sell, either way we’ll have you covered. More details can be found by clicking here.
• Columbia RC welcomes all new members. Our club takes pride in the variety of people we have as members and the wide collection of talent we all represent. We get together and fly radio control aircraft and share our knowledge and experience with other members who have our common goals. Most of all we don’t take ourselves too seriously and our main goal is to be safe and always have fun. Click here for Information about joining the club and becoming a member. If you are renewing your membership after your first year there’s a PayPal link on that page as well, cool huh?
Columbia RC would like to hear from you. Contact us for any questions regarding membership, upcoming events, field details and any information you or your club would like to share with ours.
• Jeff Dixon – Club President – Email Jeff
• Mark Dehn – Club Vice President – Email Mark
• Cameron C. Cook – Club Treasurer – Email Cameron
• Willi Sobozinsky – Club Secretary – Email Willi
• Ken Dixon – Safety Officer – Email Ken
• Steve O’Rourke – Webmaster – Email Steve