Welcome to the Columbia R/C website.
We are an AMA sanctioned flying site, Club # 1366, District VI. We have been operating as a model airplane flying club since about 1972. So we’ll just call it forty five plus years.
We are located a little south of Columbia, Illinois along the scenic bluffs of the Mississippi River. Coming from the north or from the east from Missouri on Hwy 255, take the exit “Columbia IL 3 South.” Immediately take the Quarry Rd Palmer Rd exit to the right. At the bottom of the exit at the stop sign take another right. Follow around past the Shell station with the red roof to the next stop sign and go straight. From there go two miles and our field is on the right side. Just look for the pavilion.
Weather Conditions – just 1.96 miles from the field, courtesy of Cameron! Click here.
Quick Updates and Upcoming Events
• The Annual Chili Cookout and Funfly is Sunday, October 27th.
How often do you get to enjoy chili prepared in a huge iron kettle cooked over an open fire? Mark Dehn has been doing this every fall for years and it’s a club event that’s not to be missed. Get there as early as you want, Mark usually is setting up before daybreak. Bring a plane and your personally preferred hot sauce!
• The Annual Fall Swap Meet is Sunday, November 3rd.
We’re looking forward to another successful event this year, as usual. We pull it together every year with great success due to the turnout of members who work together and have everything ready to go when the doors open for vendors and buyers. Click here for more information.
• If you haven’t renewed your club membership, you are way overdue and will be charged as a beginning member. Make sure you have your current AMA membership and take care of payment via PayPal from our site. Easy, just click here for PayPal payment to Cameron.
Columbia RC would like to hear from you. Contact us for any questions regarding membership, upcoming events, field details and any information you or your club would like to share with ours.
• Jeff Dixon – Club President – Email Jeff
• Mark Dehn – Club Vice President – Email Mark
• Cameron C. Cook – Club Treasurer – Email Cameron
• Willi Sobozinsky – Club Secretary – Email Willi
• Ken Dixon – Safety Officer – Email Ken
• Steve O’Rourke – Webmaster – Email Steve